9.02.2004

YAY!!

The search is over! Today, after Alden's haircut (more on that later) I cruised by Petland, to see if they got any new spiders in. As soon as I walked in, there it was! A female Chilean rose - Grammastola rosea. She's so beautiful, I bought her on the spot. I also purchased a dozen crickets, and a cricket keeper, as well as some food for them.

I've had her enclosure set up for about two weeks, now, so I was quite ready. She's in her tank now, clinging to the side, looking magnificent. I can't wait till she gets acclimated, and comes down and starts eating. I just can't stop staring at her, what a beauty. I'll post pictures, a little later.

My first pet tarantula!!! 7 years! Finally!!!
[Listening to: where the wild roses grow - Leonard Cohen-Nick Cave- - (3:57)]

No comments: