9.20.2004

It's a sickness, probably

Spider entry:

Knocked two crickets into the tank, today. Pris jumped right on one, and ate it outright. She's a fast little bitch, when there's food involved. When she finished it, she dove on the other one, and hung on to it. We left the house for awhile. Came back, and I guess she'd had her fill, because she webbed the little dead crick to the top of her hide. She chewed it up, mostly, left it's wee little cricket head intact, so it looked particularly gruesome. A little cricket face, perched on a masticated pile of webbed up mush, anchored to the top of her pot, peering deadly into the world.

I love my spider. She made a morbid little doggiebag for herself. How clever.
[Listening to: Souls Of Black - Testament - (3:22)]

4 comments:

Time said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lili said...

Aw, why did you take it off? I took your comment as quite the compliment!

Time said...

I started to feel like a stalker. Did I ever tell you you're my hero?

Lili said...

Wow, haha, thanks! That's an even better compliment!