9.02.2004

Blog Slacker

It's been a few days, I know. I'm not reading blogs, I'm not updating my own, what a slacker I am.

This has been an intensely busy week. Alden starts first grade next Tuesday, he's going in to Mrs. Lytwin's class, which I'm very excited about. She's considered the best 1st grade teacher. I've spoken to her a few times, and I genuinely like her. He should have a great year, I'm all excited for him. So, there's the last minutey junk, of that. Getting his remaining clothes, school supplies (and to think, I started early this year! There's always some last minute something.) haircut, etc etc etc.

On top of that, we've started packing again, officially. So, there's that, and I'm trying to declutter one room of the house at a time. Only, it's backfiring, because I get so far in one room, and move to another. So I have a bunch of half cleaned rooms. I can see the progress, but to the untrained eye...it all looks pretty bad. Nothing to do, but keep chipping away. I will say this. We, as a family, have more tee shirts between us then is allowed by law. It's actually scary. What's in that drawer? Oh, more tee shirts. Hey, what's in that huge box in the closet? Oh, about 300 tee shirts that WE'VE NEVER WORN! For a split second, I considered not renting out this house, and using it as a walk in closet for our tee shirts, and my voluminous pajama collection.

We finished buying appliances, finally. Everything that anyone has to install for us, is bought. Even better, we bought it all out of our own pocket, and didn't use the loan money. We're shit broke, we've sacrificed so much this year, but every time I walk around in there, I get filled with this great satisfaction. Soon, soon we'll be living there, and this will all be over, and I will appreciate it all the more, because every single little step, from buying it, to trying to muscle our alcoholic plumber into finishing the goddamned job, has been hard won. I've fought, and waited, and paid for every little step.

AND last but not least, Xan is coming to NY for a visit, which is going to be insanely cool. We're gonna hang out, and hit the Museum of Natural History, Bronx Zoo, general NY walking around, and I'm taking him to see Michele for a tattoo. It'll be this great mini-vacation for me, going to all those places that I love, and getting out and doing fun things. I'm really excited about meeting him, too, we're gonna have a great time. I'm afraid, though, of my shyness. I got over it, when I got to meet Shi, Ally, and the NJ ACF punks, and that was a blast. Hopefully I'm totally over it.

I want to go through and catch up on everyone's blog, that I lurk on, today, but I can't even do that yet. Busy busy busy...time to go grocery shopping, and get Alden's hair cut.

[Listening to: Melt - Monster Magnet - ]

No comments: