9.18.2004

Two weeks (from yesterday)

I'd planned on starting to shop early, for the perfect thing to wear to Michele's wedding. I even declared that I would, back in August. Time slipped by, and here we are, the wedding is 2 weeks away. Yesterday, turned into Shopping Day. Many stores. I found many Nice Outfits. After hunting all over for something that transcended Nice, we wound up in Torrid. Why do I even go anywhere else? I told the very VERY cute sales chicky what I wanted. She asked my size, then proceeded to pluck about 8 dresses off of various racks. I eyed them with scrutiny. I had seen these dresses before, and rejected them. I don't wear things with no sleeves. I don't wear things with belts. I don't wear things with posies. I figured, what the hell, since she was nice enough to pick all these things out for me, I may as well try them on. When I came out in the first dress, she goggle-eyed me. I told her it fit like it was made for me, and it made my tits look PERFECT. She said, yeah, a lot of people like them, they're very nice. I gave her the eyebrow look. She got red and said "oh, um, the dress..." and dissapeared across the store. I think I got complimented? Either way, she was damn cute.

The first dress. The first one. Ok, this is gonna get girly-fashiony so, stop reading here if crinoline bothers you. Picture it: Black, with white pinstripes. Calf length skirts, boosted by a layer of, yes, crinoline. That prom dressy meshy stuff that makes skirts stand out, a little. It wasn't ultra poofy, but just nice. It smoothed into a backless, halter necked bodice. Halter neck, that's the kind that ties like a choker around your neck, leaving your shoulders and arms bare. As soon as I put it on, I knew. It was The Dress. I tried on about 4 of the other 7, just to be sporting about it, and while they all looked great, one was a dramatic Marilyin Monroe style thing, with a wide red sash, another was this purple and black spaghetti strap dealy, etc etc. I thought they were all just 'eh' on the hangar, but on me...they were all Nice. The first one, however, was Perfect. Perfect, in that it fit perfectly, that it made my waist look hourglassy (omg, I'm normally rectangle shaped) gave me hips, made my tummy dissapear...and I won't even go into what it did for my chest. Plus, you can see all my tats, but two. I love to display my art. Perfect. To complete the gangster-gothy look, that the dress dictated, fishnets with seams, these bondagy looking strappy ankle shoes, with super pointy toes (with the high tied neck, my silver bracelets, and the wide leather straps around my ankles, I look...tied up, to say the least) The icing on the cake, I found a really subtle and classy set of sterling silver jewlery. The earrings are spiders, with a black crystal abdomen. The necklace is a small orb web pendant, with a smaller version of the earring spider, dropping from it, on this micro filament of a chain. Sounds kitchy, but it's actually suprisingly elegant.

I still need a strapless bra. Let me lament for a few minutes, on how fucking difficult it is to find a 40 DD strapless bra. Apparently girls like me aren't allowed to wear things without sleeves. Or, we need straps to hold up our stuff, or something. I actually tried wearing The Dress, sans bra, and that looked pretty good, suprisingly. Gravity hasn't won yet, by god! If nothing else, I shall go commando. I also need a wrap, or something to cover my upper arms. They're pretty bad. And astonishingly white.

Today, it's the mister's turn. We're going to K&G, soon, to find him a black suit. He's easy though.

One thing, though. I find it appalling, that so many places don't cater to a bigger girl. Or, if they do, we must be covered, wrist to ankle, head to toe. Nothing form fitting. Nothing that bares a little shape. I have a shape, dammit, and a good one. It's just shaplier than your typical cookie cutter girly ;) Most typical stores only stock, like, these nasty, frowsy, frumpy, old lady suits and teacher clothes, in bigger sizes. News flash. Fat doesn't mean old. Torrid came through for me, though. It was still a bummer, that I had to sift through racks and racks of floor length skirts, and longsleeved tunicky shirts. WTF. I don't like looking columnar. Ah well. I'm happy now.

I keep pulling the dress out of the bag, and gazing at it. Best. Dress. Ever.

[Listening to: Smashalley - Faster Pussycat - (3:08)]

No comments: