9.19.2004

The Cow

Leather jackets. Love them. I got a new one, about every other year, when I was younger. I haven't gotten one in awhile, because why spend that kind of money on a size that I don't plan on staying. So, today was the first official Coat Day. It's about 50 out there, fall has finally arrived.

We trotted out The Cow, what we affectionately call our massive collection of leather jackets. Between us, we have about 5 biker jackets, in a range of sizes, a leather trench, a fringe jacket, a men's dress leather coat, two vests, and while not leather, it still gets grouped with The Cow, an oilcloth trench.

Three of those, were my main working coats, all of which I had grown out of. I haven't fit into any of my leathers in about 3-4 years. It was rather depressing. I've been wearing hoodies, and shawls. So, today, knowing I've lost about 40lbs, I figure what the hell, lets see if I can squeeze back into any of them yet.

The leather trench fit.

The leather fringe fit.

The vest fit.

My old biker jacket, the one Tom bought me for Christmas. The one that I used to tie bandannas on, and the one that has spikes on it. My favorite jacket in the history of ever. One size too small. I have a goal, though. Before the winter really kicks in, I'm going to wear it, and zip the fucker.

Another 40 lbs or so, and I'll be just about where I was, when I met the mister. And I'll be happy.
[Listening to: Greed - Amorphis - (4:17)]

No comments: