9.27.2004

Fate is weird like that

Even with small things. Over the weekend, the mister bought me a bottle of Perry Ellis Woman, perfume. I've got a bitch of a head cold, so I couldn't smell it, to approve (I'm really particular about scents. I wear one of two bottled scents, or mix my own) But, he declared that it smelled good, and bought it. Today, I'm clearing up a little, with the help of meds, so I decided to wear it, and try it out. It smelled ok in the air, but on me, it was cloying, and redolent of insect repellent. I smelled like I was covered with Deep Woods Off, with a hint of laundry soap. It didn't fade, either, this weird smell followed me all day. I guess my chemistry, and Perry Ellis Woman were never meant to be. A little while ago, he asked me about it, and I told him the truth. I thought it was ok, just not on me. I was like "here, you smell, I'll go put some on". As I reached for it, my thumbnail caught the edge of the bottle, spinning it off the shelf, and smashing it into the toilet bowl tank, where it shattered into a zillion pieces.

Now, I'm alternately happy, that I don't have to try to like this perfume, anymore, sad, that I busted a $40 bottle of stuff (my plan was, to give it away, maybe to my mom), and gagging, because now the whole HOUSE smells like Deep Woods Off, and a laundromat. But, at least, when it fades, I won't have to deal with it anymore.

I wish he'd saved his money, though, and bought me another bottle of Escape. I'm running low on that, and it's My scent, I've been wearing it since I was 16.
[Listening to: Everything Dies - Type O Negative - (4:33)]

No comments: