10.30.2004

Cocktail of the Night

Ok, so last night it was Grateful Dead, that sweet, dark, trippy experience.

Tonight, I present to you (and to myself) the wild concoction:

Midnight Special

1 (1.5 fluid ounce) jigger rum
2 1/2 fluid ounces coffee flavored liqueur
4 fluid ounces cola-flavored carbonated beverage
1 teaspoon sweetened condensed milk

Before I posted that, I decided to whip up one drink, to try, just in case it was vile. I saw the ingredients, and I thought...condensed milk and coke, potentially ew.

As I sit here and sip this AWESOME, rich, subtle, creamy blend, I'm doing the math in my head to transfer that one-drink formula into a one-pitcher formula. (I make all my drinks by the pitcher.)

I can't begin to describe how awesome it is. It's sweet, but not incredibly sweet, rich, but not like "uugh", creamy but refreshing, with a dark flavor that only the coffee/cola blend can do. It's uncomprable to any other drinks I've ever tasted, but it's definitely going in my regular rotation.

No comments: