10.04.2004

Weekend Blogging (Michele's Wedding, finally)

Is nigh impossible. I hate it, because by the time I get 10 private, quiet, minutes, usually my ideas are gone. Blogging topics, and composed thoughts are fleeting, for me. If I get to vent about things, to various real life victims, it's even worse. I do well, when I bottle stuff, and blog it here, immediately.

So, Michele's wedding rehearsal was fun, the dinner afterwards was Incredible. Formal 6 course Italian dinner, with antipasti, fritto misto, a shellfish cocktail course, this awesome chevre and cranberry salad, a pasta course, entree, dessert, and drinks. Tre Fratelli is my new favorite "special occasion" place. (Thank you Kenn's MOM! What an awesome lady.)

The wedding was great, very traditional/non-traditional. Michele looked like she stepped out of the pages of some Victorian romance, she was elegant, and the dress was Perfect. Everyone looked great. One thing that I really liked, was that Kenn's best friend, this girl named Sara, was the Best Woman. How awesome is that? A Best Woman. She did a speech, at the reception, that had us all weeping a little. The ceremony was awesome, Rev. Hepler always does a good job, they had a real authentic handfasting, Celtic ring blessing, some passages from Corinthians, lots of other great, non-traditional elements. It was at dusk, over the lake, so we got to watch the sunset around them, and the low lights come up. It was all very ambient and ceremonial. Buttonwood Manor has the nicest halls I've ever been in, in my life. Seriously, that place rocks. The room was this enormous, well appointed area, with it's own dock/patio outside, so, the guests moved freely inside and outside. That's important, I think, because we weren't all crammed in on top of each other in some stuffy room. Only at Michele's reception would we hear Type O Negative, and The Cure...and AC DC. The DJ was excellent. You can tell Kenn and Michele handpicked a lot of the music. Alden liked it too.

Alden...he did so well, Friday was one of those days, where every single minute I've ever spent teaching him how to be social, and well behaved, and just spent working with him, paid off. He was stellar for the ceremony, he stood like a gentleman, the whole thing (and it was a long-ass ceremony). Then, for the reception, he danced almost the whole night. Girls and women were grabbing him up, left and right, and dragging him to the dance floor, and he shook it like he didn't care. Seriously, he danced with almost every chick there. He was like, this total party animal (for those of you that forget...he's SIX...) He caught the garter, with a little assistance from Matt, which was hysterical. The girl that caught the boquet, wound up putting it on his leg, over his pants. He had no idea, I think, of how hysterical it all was, hehe. I had a steady stream of people coming up to me complimenting us on his behavior, and just how great and funny he is. I have no idea where he gets all that charisma. The mister is quiet, and I'm deadly shy, and a social retard. I was quite content in my little corner, heh. So, yeah, I don't know where the kid gets it, but he's social, witty, and very smooth. I'd be lying if I said I didn't envy him. He's going to have an easy time, in life, if he stays this way.

I was concerned that we wouldn't really know anyone there, but, I was wrong, heh. I knew soooo many people, old friends, that I met through Michele, from WAY back, like Jessica, Matt (well, I didn't meet him through Michele, he's just an old friend), Alison, of course, is always nice to see, and just loads of familiar faces. Great people to talk to. Mike and Troy, her boss, were there, too, Mike is the piercer that works at Michele's studio. He switched over to all spikes, for his piercings (and he has a lot. A LOT) so he looked really really cool, all glinty and sparkly. His wife was really cool, too. Those guys are so interesting, I'd love to be able to hang out with them more. It was great seeing all those guys. Met some cool people, too, like Mark, Michele's old massage teacher and his wife. Great couple, lots of lively conversation. They keep fishtanks, sorta obsessively, like I keep my spiders, so we had a lot to talk about pet-wise. They were genuinely fascinated about the spiders, asked so many questions. I was into hearing about the fish, too. I love fish, but I like a pet that gives more of an adrenaline rush, to keep...

It was just a great night, we stayed right till the end, Alden was so reluctant to leave, haha. He wouldn't stop dancing and mingling, till after the last song. I was having fun, too, so it was all good.

Some pictures of the event:

Kenn and Michele
The Girls
The Boys
What Alden did for most of the night
I just thought this was cute, right before we left, at midnight

That was just Thursday and Friday. Saturday was a whole other thing. Let me rest my fingers, and I shall relate how great the concert was, on Saturday night.




[Listening to: Oh My Fucking God - Strapping Young Lad - (3:40)]

2 comments:

Time said...

The girls link doesn't work. And with all of your posts about your dress, I think you have to post a photo of what you ended up wearing.

Lili said...

Yeah, for some reason none of my pics came out well. I have one, but I hated my hair and face, in it, so I cropped out my head. Still, it's worthy to share. I'll go fix that 'girls' link, too, thanks for the heads up.