10.27.2004

Halloween

On a lighter note...

I ran into a friend, today, shopping, and she asked what I was gonna be for Halloween. I had some plans to be a Spider Fairy, like my tat, but time ran thin along with money, and I couldn't do a big scale costume like that (making the wings, hunting down some black and white tights, etc), so I got discouraged and decided to skip dressing up this year.

She was like "WHAAT?! YOU LOOKED SO GOOD LAST YEAR!! COME ON!!" Then she proceeded to convince me into getting dressed up...

I was like "well, I could do something with these 5 ft black angel wings, I found at a Halloween store..." If they still have them, I'm going with it. I have plenty of flowy black dresses, and stuff. Fishnets, and I'm gonna try to fashion a halo to look like barbed wire.

If they don't have the wings, I could always be a vampire, that's the cheap way out. Fangs, the right makeup, some tiny sunglasses, and basically my street clothes. My last fangs sucked, though, but I hear they made great improvements in the fang department, in the past few years. They have snap-molded ones, that custom fit themselves. It's worth a shot, at least.

I'm mulling this over, pretty much thinking aloud, and she started cracking up. OMG LISA IN A BLACK DRESS?! That's not Halloween...you're a Dark Angel every single day! Halloween for you, would be to dress up like a regular angel, or a schoolteacher or something, sheesh.

She's right, though. Maybe I should dress up like, I dunno, a soccer mom, or something. That'll really scare 'em.

[Listening to: Fever for the Flava - Hot Action Cop - (4:10)]

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have some of the snap-on ones. I haven't tried molding them to my incisors yet -- just using the sticky paper they include was good enough the last time I tried to wear them.

But darn it. We haven't gotten invited to any Halloween parties!

Ally said...

HA! If you showed up as a soccer mom, that would definitely be a departure. ;-)

I was going to be a geisha but time, money, and resources fell short this year. I'll have all year though to work on it and be ready for next Halloween.

The thing about being a geisha is that I want to look as real as possible. So that means finding good fabric, not the craptastic stuff. I have to find good hair thingies, and something close to the shoes they wear. That means, time, money, and effort that I didnt have to spend this year.

Plus, next year, hopefully I'll be a few dress sizes smaller. And I'll be so hawt. HA! <3

Adam said...

Lili as a soccer mom? THE HORROR, THE HORROR!!! :D