11.01.2004

November

October, my favorite month, is over. November is right up there, though. It's gonna be a great month, too. My dad's coming on Sunday. Going to NYC to hang out with Red, Saturday. I get to cook Thanksgiving dinner, etc. Last month raced by, and this one will too.

Of course, with everything going on, I sense that blogging will be at an all time low. I don't want my dad finding my blog, so I'll not be opening it, while he's here. Well, I still have bloggar...but what fun is blogging, when I can't check back at my replies!? Plus, the mister is on vacation this week. He's not cutting grass, he's just working on the house. See, for all the ranting he's done at me, over the years, about procrastinating...oh my goodness, turns out, he's done a little procrastinating of his own! :O I didn't know it, but he made a deal with the contractor, that HE would do all this work, around the house, including boxing in the windows of the little house, fix all the wood on the back porch, replace the soffits, gutters for both houses, hanging brackets for the plumbing, and replace that damned garage roof.

He's had well, at least a year, but this shit has been falling apart and in sore need of repair for about 10 years. He's known that they've been needing to be replaced, to be able to get our Code of Occupancy. He's been silently putting it off, for months. Only now does he get on the fucking stick about it, now, when we're nearly broke (yes, the money comes in waves around here, can you tell?). I'm pissed, because he spends so much time micromanaging my time, making sure I fucking produce...that he's no better. He's got so much shit to do, before the week is out, it's unreal. And guess...no guess who's gotta go help him. I wish, sometimes I could say "fuck you, sink or swim, buddy" Of course, I can't. He's got all this frustrated pissed off energy (is it any wonder why?) and he's sorta imposing that pissyness on me, though I'm sort of above it. I used to get all pissy and frustrated, when he did, just by default, but now I just sorta let it roll over me. Yes I'll help, but don't expect me to get worked into a froth about it.

Today, I have to paint all the wood on the front porch. Most of the front porch is wood. Fresh, unpainted wood. It's gonna take forever. So, yeah, I way digressed, there, but what I was getting at is, blogging is gonna be a little scarce this week...and for November in general, if things pan out the way I see them.



[Listening to: Dancing In The Dark - Bruce Springsteen - (4:02)]

No comments: