10.16.2004

Wow

Dan's got this way of showing up, just when I'm thinking hard about all them. I've been kicking myself for forgetting to invite them camping, right. Core Device has had their full length CD out for awhile, since early August, I think, and I haven't gotten it yet, from Marty (the plumber whom I wish to strangle sometimes) even though he's been around plenty. So, here I am, dying to hear from them, ready to take the plunge and give them a call, see what's going on, and if I can get a CD offa them...when boom, Dan knocks on the door.

Of course, the house looks like a tornado hit it, because we've been living in "weekend house" for a week (you know, when you're never home, just using the house as a depository for your weekend aquisitions, and a place to sleep till you go out again) and, I'm in pajama shorts, and a hoodie, looking fabulous... Dan understands, though. But, ALWAYS when I'm a mess. ALWAYS. I think I blogged about this before, it's un-fucking-canny.

Either way, he always pops up, just when I'm thinking about them. Dan and his ways. The CD fucking COOKS. I had expected it to be good (gods know, it TOOK LONG ENOUGH) but, this is even better than I had expected. This is like, perfect. I'm on my second turn through it, and goddamn. It's so heavy. I can't adequately put it into words, but if you're into metal, prog/thrash, I highly recommend checking them out, and picking one up. I'm not even just saying that because they're my friends, but, if I heard them cold, like at a concert, or something, I would be blown away.


[Listening to: Hell and Torment - Core Device - (4:41)]

No comments: