10.25.2004

Poor Frankie

I leave the house this morning, to take Alden to school, and stop at my mom's house. Gone an hour, total, and I come home to Harmony hanging off my moniter, leaning into the tank. The repaired screen on top of Frankie's tank is all blown out again, more gouges, and he's way in the corner.

This can't be good for him.

I can't leave him alone in the house, I'm not sure what to do, when I have to go get Alden. If it were warmer out, I would just take him with me, but bringing him out in 40 degree weather would kill him, surely. I want to buy the reinforced metal screen lid, but I can't even leave the house to go do that. He's got no protection, now, the screen is useless, hanging.

I'm thinking about kicking the cat outside, but that's cruel too. She's been an indoor cat, since she was a kitten, winter's coming, and we live on a very busy street (two of our cats already got nailed, since I've been living here, but the mister said there's literally dozens buried in this yard, and that one.) Having her live outside isn't really an option.

Short term solution: Lock one of them in the bathroom, while I go out. (the only room with a functioning door...long story). It'll probably be the cat, less of a hassle to get her in there, and she could do with a little isolation, the bitch.
[Listening to: Never Is A Promise - Fiona Apple - (5:56)]

No comments: