4.15.2004

To get back into the swing of things, I'll start with the magical Three Things I Did Today:

Thing One: I called my contractor at 9 a.m. (just like he told me to) and woke him up out of a dead sleep. I say "Hi, this is Lisa" He says "LIIIIIIIIIISSSSAAAAAA" really loud. His girlfriend comes to the phone. Apparently, his girlfriend's name is Lisa, too. Lemme just say this: 27 (more or less) years of smoking pot is bad. BAD. Poor old Joe.

Thing Two: I finalized the design of my kitchen. The keywords here are elemental, moden, clean lines, and bold color. Natural Maple cabinets, very smooth and square looking, full overlay, all that. Countertops in this color called Ebony Oxide, which is a very dark shade of charcoal grey, with black I dunno...texture looking stuff, looks almost like waterspots, or granite. It's Formica, I originally wanted Corian, but since I found that Laquer black Kohler sink, and it has to go above the counter, what's the point of blowing 3 grand on Corian? Right, exactly. So, yeah. I picked out a floor, too. Almost the same as the countertop, this dark dark grey granitey looking linoleoum. And, here's the kicker. Laquer red walls. Like, that Chinese enamaled dragon red. Dark, rich, modern, warm, mysterious. Stainless and black appliances. I'm thrilled. They finished putting up sheetrock yesterday, now you can actually see where the rooms start and end. There is a light at the end of this tunnel. Maybe one day, I'll explain this tunnel of which I speak. Right now, I'll say, that it's been two years since the house burned, as of April 3. Two friggin years.

Thing Three: Uh. Hm. I had fun in AC. I ran allll the way to the start of that river thingy, that flows by Holt, and Crag, and all. There were some huge monsters out there, scary for my little level 30 self. It's nice, though, to play and explore, and have the freedom to do whatever I wanna do. Without having to worry about patrons, and vassals, and guild expectations. That's really why I quit. I was tired of being obligated. Obligated to do this or that for the monarchy. Obligated to get to a particular level, so I could do this or that with my companions. I just burned out, I guess. Now, if only I can talk Jez into joining me on MT again. Yeah, MT. I started again on FF, but it occurred to me, that I already had an apt on MT, and no other ties, really. The apartment sold me. It's nice to go home.

No comments: