4.01.2004

ACF again, hehe. That thread with the girl. Naturally, it dissolved into a pro-anti piercing thread.

Close mindedness: When the world has to fit into your standards to be "right". God, I hate that so much. When you judge someone's viability as a person, their intellect, their character, based on a simple piece of jewlery placed in a non-standard spot. Marvellous.

I was on the phone with the mister, when I read that thread, and I had to chuckle out loud. He asked what I laughed at, and I told him. Somehow the discussion of my upcoming piercings nose/labret came up.

I think he heard me this time. I've mentioned it before, dozens of times. He brushed me off...hahahaha. Well, this time he might have heard me.

I said "To round out and complete my facial work, I'm getting my nose/labret done all at once. That'll be it, then I can focus on other parts of my body"
Him: "WHAT?! You never said you were..."
ME: "Oh, but I did. I've been planning it since before Christmas"
Him: "I didn't think you were serious"
Me: "Heheh. You never do"

I could go a hundred places with this. I could attempt to plead my case further. I could try to prove that people DO look past the piercings, and they DO take me seriously. I could say that the people that make the mistake of brushing me off, upon really meeting me are sorry they did so.

That doesn't matter. I won't change his opinion.

He said "But Lisa, you're 25 years old, you're not a teenager!", and I said, "Which gives me the power to make decisions for myself, and not have to answer to anyone..."

He was ok with the rest of them. He swings from my nipple rings like any kind of perv. He loves the tounge ring, and bought me a pretty ring for my eyebrow. He took me to get my nose done the first time. Evidently, the labret is just a wee bit too far, and now all bets are off, and he hates every last one of them.

He's gonna have to get over himself, methinks.

No comments: