5.08.2004

The Price of Looking Like a Degenerate

I thought this was interesting. My mom was bitching at me, because I complained about the saleschick at the clothing store yesterday. "Well, look at you, you look like a homeless teenager" What my mom fails to understand is that a homeless teenager couldn't AFFORD to look this way. Good jeans are expensive. I get mine on clearence, usually, so we're looking at between 10-30 bucks. The Best Pants Ever, my wonderful cargoes I bought at retail, for a whopping sixty bucks.

A regular tee shirt, plain black pocket tee, is about 5 bucks. I wear them often enough, but, my "good" everyday shirts are a little costlier. Concert shirts run between 20 and 40 bucks, a nice printed tee, like my dragons one, or this cool tiedye Celtic knotty one are about 25 a pop. Hooded sweatshirts? Between $20 and $60. Overshirts, longsleeve tee shirts, all those can get pricy too.

And what about accesories? Expensive shoes. Sketchers, Converse, Birks, Doc Martens. All $$. Expensive leather backpack-purse. Then lets talk jewlery. I wear white gold, looks like silver. I have a handful of pieces, a few diamond rings, some chunky linky bracelets, with some silver mixed in. Piercings, stainless, and roughly $50-$80 bucks a pop (11 pops and counting).

Now for the vanity stuff (and I'm high maintenence, lemme tellya) Sculpted nails, $40 bucks a month, pedicures $25 a month, tattooes...very expensive. Quality makeup, dyed hair, etc etc.

And that's just normal casual stuff. I should print this out and show my mom.

No comments: