5.03.2004

May so far, and old friends

Dan and Mindy popped by. They always pop by at the most inopportune times. The mister was out in the yard putting in an assortment of little bushes and trees I picked out (since my flowers are mostly gone) and I was painting. I was wearing these little shorts with holes in them, and a raggedy holey paint stained tee shirt, no bra, no shoes, I had paint on my legs, in my hair, on my face. I stunk, because it was like 90 in the house, and I was singing (LOUDLY) along to my L7 CD. The door swings open, but I ignore it, thinking it's the old man. They walk clear in the house, right up to where I was painting in the living room. Scared the shit out of me.

Embarassing, a little, I don't think I could have looked worse if I tried. I really shouldn't be embarassed, I guess. We've all been friends for so long. We've woken up from being passed out on the same couch, with puke stiffening on our shirts, and in our hair. We've all gone camping together, and no one looks great camping, haha. I don't know, it still threw me. Maybe because I haven't seen them since Novemberish. I ran and took a shower, and we all went out for dinner.

Dan's recently become this gym nut, weightlifter guy. I mean, I guess since he's he's a rock staah, he's gotta work out for his fans. But, he eats "healthy" now, too. He also evaluates what everyone else eats. Now I remember why I don't exactly like going places with the guy. I got meatloaf and mashed potatoes, and broccoli (all smushy food, because of the labret) and the plate arrives, and he's like "whoa, there's a lot of gravy on that meatloaf" Mindy gets a club sammich and fries, and he mentions offhand "you're not gonna eat ALL those fries, are you?" (I would honestly strangle him if I had to cope with that on a day-to-day, I don't know how she does it). I have to chuckle. He's kind of a jerk. Other than that, he's still Same Old Dan, which is cool. I rant about the guy, but I love him like a brother, like, I say he's a jerk, but I take it with all the good. He's got a lot of good. Mindy too, she's my partner in mischief. Great people all around.

The mister suprised me with an early bag of presents yesterday :D The new Fear Factory CD, Archetype, the new Anthrax best of CD/DVD, and this sweet sweet new toy. I collect action figures (like the dorkiest degree of dork) and he got me this Special Edition McFarlane's Movie Maniacs version of the Lord of Darkness (from the movie, Legend, remember the big red guy?) One of my ALL TIME FAVORITE BADGUYS EVER. The figure is just mindblowing. It's huge too. So detailed. McFarlane ruuuules. It was just a sweet little "Here, I was thinking about you this morning" sort of thing. Made me feel good.

So, this month isn't shaping up to be as bad as I thought it would. Today is the 3rd anniversary of the day I found out Tom died. Last year I was in a funk over it, the year before I was barely functional. I guess time does heal, because this year, I thought about it, I feel a little somber, but it's not as sharp anymore. Not as painful. I'm doing ok, all in all. Life is going on as normal, and the only time I get really depressed is at night, before I go to sleep, when my mind stops buzzing, and I can't help but think about the sadder things. Ok, writing about it (even indirectly) is starting to make me a little teary. Nuff of that.