5.19.2004

Gremlins?

This is *really* starting to piss me off. REALLY.

Money is just dissapering out of our house. A few nights ago, I emptied my pockets, before bed, and left two 20's, a 10, and a wad of singles, in my normal spot.

Got up the next morning, and there was one 20, the 10, and the singles. Somehow, in the 6 or so hours I was sleeping, a 20 dollar bill went *poof*. I originally thought the mister grabbed it on his way out the door, because he found himself short on cash, no biggie, we do that sort of thing all the time. He didn't. It just dissapeared.

Tonight, the mister used a $100 to pay for dinner. He got the change, and pocketed it, as we were walking out of the resturaunt. Didn't think anything of it, till just now. He wanted to give me the remainder, over 75 bucks (we ate cheap tonight), for various upcoming expenses. Went in his pocket, and it was gone. "Did I give you that change yet?", me, "Noope" No seriously, we shook this house upside down. It's NOWHERE. He's hopped in the car and is heading toward the place, now, to check the parking lot. We left there around closing, there's a chance it could still be there.

He also, recently had $85 in cash stolen out of his truck. He generally keeps about $100 of petty cash in this box in his truck. He was only out of eyeshot of it for about 15 minutes, while on a job. Interestingly enough, an irate ex employee (who knows exactly what he keeps, and where he keeps it) was spotted in that neighborhood, around that timeframe.

Someone is committing mail fraud, with our other address, the one we're not living at yet. Since the business always used that addy (and is housed on that property, literally) we've always had business checks sent there. Well, in the past 2 months, they've been disappearing. About $300-400 worth. Customers send them out, and they never arrive. Reliable, longtime customers. We've been getting all manner of mail for various people (most of them somehow related to the inlaws...) Those checks went somewhere. They haven't been cashed, because I'm guessing the person that has them is too dumb to figure out how.

We're not wealthy people. This hurts. A lot. Add all that up, and we're looking at more than a week's pay.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tell Alden he didn't give me my cut of the $75. The twerp.