5.09.2004

Mother's Day

Oh, this morning, I was pissy. I went to bed pissy. Last night, before falling asleep, the mister thoughtfully asks what I want to do today. I said "I want to sleep late, and wake up to a nice breakfast, made by you." He says "*snort* You'd have woken up in the wrong house..." I went to sleep after that, slightly hurt. I was serious about that. I just wanted a nice leisurely morning, nice breakfast, someone else cleaning the kitchen for once. Just a little pampering.

This morning, he forgot to say anything to me, pretty much did his own thing, till around noon-ish, when he noticed me being terse. I sort of went off. Jesus Christ, is it too much to ask to be THOUGHT ABOUT?! He was sorry, he said "I thought I wished you a happy Mother's Day, this morning...maybe I only thought I did" Lame excuse, but, at least he was trying to cover his ass. I'll take it. Still, no flowers, no nice thoughts, no nothing, till I sorta flipped out. He felt bad. I didn't want him to feel bad, I just wanted to be noticed, I guess.

After my mini-tantrum we went out for a nice lunch. Then he took me to Best Buy, and got me that iPod I've been after, as an early b-day/Mother's day gift. I love it. I LOVE IT. Coolest thing EVER EVER. I mentioned it once, a few weeks ago, and nothing since. He remembered (but not enough to suprise me with it...I suppose I shouldn't bitch about that, though). I honestly wasn't counting on getting it, being that it's rather pricy, and sort of a toy. So, it's cool. He's off the hook for being a self-absorbed shlub. He's a spendy self absorbed shlub, so, things even out, heh. I've been playing with it since. I can't keep my hands off the thing, haha, it's so incredibly cool. I feel like a teenager again, walking around with headphones on all the time, hehe. The best part, though, it's sooo nice to finally have real music in my cars. (I bought the car-player adapter jobby, too) I hate the radio.

Alden gave me a nice plant, that my mom and him picked up last week. Pretty red flowers, heart shaped leave, forgot what it was called...and, some cute things he made in school. He made a jewelery box, painted purple, heart shaped, with some rhinestones glued on the lid. He presented it to me, and said "for your extra bars and rings, so you don't lose them" I love that kid so much. He never fails to make me laugh, the kid is so untypical.

We stopped by and saw my mommy, took them out for dinner. Was nice, they complained about the meal, but it comes with the territory. My stepdad gave her one white rose, heh, I brought over two boquets, and arranged them for her, one of varigated pink roses (lighter pink, tipped with deep pink, very pretty) and one of white carnations. I arranged them mixed up in two of her vases. I think Earl feels outdone. Haha, let him, the jerk. I also got her this primo pedicure kit. She loves cosmetics, but won't spend on nice ones for herself, she goes for cheapy stuff, so I pampered her a little. She's a basket case, my mother, but I love her a lot. We're close.

No comments: