9.12.2006

Mostly good.

So, my dad is visiting, and it’s nice.  Not earth shattering, but, nice. Nice to see him. Nice to have him hanging around. I really wish they lived closer. This once a year shit is getting to be a real strain, he’s getting older, missing Alden growing up, etc.  Yesterday, I was housebound with some strange affliction (more on that later) and I cooked all day. The windows were open, September was breezing across the house, and I spent the whole day nurturing a Bolognese sauce, to later incorporate into some kickass lasagna.  I even made a pie, for dessert.  Music was playing low, Irv was home all day, and things couldn’t get more pleasant.  I really wish we had more time like that, to spend. He commented, even that he wished we lived closer together, because we would have a great time cooking together.  Today, Irv and Luiz decided to cut grass later in the afternoon and we went out all morning.  We spent the time shopping, hanging around Red Bank, the requisite Elsie’s visit (best subs in NJ).  Tomorrow I start classes, so it’ll be one of those “every person for themselves” sorta day.

So, yeah, having Dad around is nice.

Surrounding that, things have been weird.  Sunday afternoon, I was walking around, in the garden, picking tomatoes and eggplant.  A little later, at dinner, my face started to itch.  By night time, my whole lower face, from my cheeks down to my neck, focused around my chin, everything was swollen beyond recognition.  I downed Benadryl, and prayed for it to go away…it reduced somewhat, by Monday, but then my eyes swelled shut. One was just puffy, but the other eye was swelled closed.  Cold compresses, more Benadryl…the swelling is almost gone, now, but I’m still generally puffy and itchy.  I have a new one starting on my arm, today. My whole forearm…hard, painful, swollen, red/white, and itchy like a motherfucker.  When the swelling goes down, there’s a tiny little itchy bug bite right in the center. I had three on my face that I know of, and now one on my inner arm.  This. Sucks.  

More suckitivity.  They shut off our power today, due to some ridiculous accounting error, on their part.  Long, mundane story short, we had to pay something like $450 to get the power restored.  On the upside, it was only off for about an hour.  But, what the fuck…

No comments: