9.06.2006

Blogging about blogging

A little metablogging, here.

I stopped, because I thought my life wasn't exciting enough to blog about. Then, I miss it, because it's not about readership, being interesting, or trying to entertain people...but blogging is my therapy, lining up the thoughts, getting them down, pouring it out. I've always been more articulate in text than in speech, and ranting about stuff to an audience (willing or unwilling) with my voice just doesn't cut it. In fact, when I do, I often find myself getting more worked up, because just finding words to express myself can be frustrating. Or, worrying if I'm making sense or not. I think faster than I talk, so I stammer and fumble over my words, and I speak very fast. Typing slows that whole process down, and makes me inventory my mind, in a way.

So, this is therapy. I'm quite sure all my readers are gone, thank god.

Plus, the whole "gee, I'm sorry I took a week off from posting, I'll be better" thing really stinks. I type when I have things to type about. If I feel like I have to make updates, FOR people...guess what, I avoid it all together. This isn't for PEOPLE. This is for ME.

It's all about me, baby.

I'm tired, hungry, and I think I'm getting sick. My dad is gonna be here in 4 days, and it -still- looks like a bomb hit the house. I can't get anybody to do anything, except play games and watch TV. I'm really close to having one of Those Days, where I flip out, and everyone gets a little scared. That might be what we need.

Damn, it feels good to whine.

No comments: