5.23.2005

Productive Sunday

Yesterday went entirely differently than I planned, but, still managed to be totally productive. I like when that happens.

Luiz is coming down, tonight or tomorrow, spend a few days here (Geek Holiday!) again, and in light of his last visit, I decided to actually *cook*. Last time, the one night I made ribeyes didn't cut it, that's not cooking. That's steak. So, I got the wild idea to make lasagna. No, not just any lasagna. Lasagna Bolognese. This is one of those multi-day undertakings. Yesterday was the Bolognese sauce. Today, the assemblage and cooking. Or tomorrow, depending on when he shows up. I'm just in that mood to cook. I've also got plans for cookies. There's some kind of strange satisfaction I get, knowing that there's roughly two gallons of sauce reposing in my fridge, waiting to be used and abused. It makes me feel rich, in a very domestic way.

It'll be fun. It's always cool to have a houseguest, sort of a break in the routine. We're gonna see EP3, and hit up Red Bank, maybe go to NYC for some art museums. Oh, and of course, we're gonna LAN like dorks, and play WCIII, probably, and definitely WoW. So much fun to be raiding or PvPing with your gaming partner sitting 2 feet away. "Eek! I broke sheep! Sorry guys!" "Stupid hunter!" *thump* It adds a whole other level of immersion, when you're in thumping distance. It'll be a big treat for me to have a co-gamer around. It was a LOAD of fun last time. For some reason, he's got it in his head that he can outdrink me. Heh. That'll be fun to watch too :)

So, yesterday and today are sorta devoted to getting the house clean. Not that it wasn't, but it's not houseguest clean. You know, like "ok, we have company coming, it's time to once and for all get rid of the growing pile of junkmail on the counter" Normal everyday clutter has got to go. It's part of life, for me. I keep a clean house, but I need a good excuse to, say, put away the toenail clippers that have been inexplicably sitting on the antique sewing machine, forever.

Yeah, I don't know why I'm still sitting here typing, when I have so much stuff to do...and I'm burning daylight, bigtime. Yeah, yeah, I'm going.

No comments: