5.05.2005

Pop song!

Yeah, over 5 months. I know. No one's here, no one's going to read this. That's refreshing.

Blogging comes from misery. Last year, the year before, they were miserable. Now? I'm happy. No, really. Genuinely, wake up every day smiling, happy. The house is done. The house is DONE. I've fallen into a happy little niche, working, playing World of Warcraft, being a domestic. I go to bed early, sleep soundly, wake up early. The house is clean, dinner gets put on the table every night. It's. Amazing. Like Dan said, the other night. I may as well go write pop songs.

Here it is, here's my pop song entry.

WoW. It's gone past diversionary, it's more like a Life Hobby. It's what I do, when I don't have other things to do. It's what I do when I'm putting off other things. It's a huge thing, for me. I run a guild, now. A real, functioning, huge group of people, with more coming in every day. We do stuff together. We help each other, we have a reputation. I wouldn't actually say I "run" it. I more like tie things together. THEY run it. I just make it happen.

It's a fun thing, though. You guys remember from my earlier posts, maybe, how totally smitten I was by the game. I'm still that smitten, after like 7-8 months. Every day, something makes me go "oooh..." every day, I look forward to logging in and seeing people, and doing things. That's quite a stretch for me. After this long, normally, shit like that becomes a job. I won't say it's been smooth sailing. We've DEFINITELY had turbulence, along the way. All guilds have some degree of drama. Ours was no exception. My motto regarding that? "The problems take care of themselves" and, guess what? They did. We're back to Drama Free living, it's one of the things Out Of Hand is famous for. Good shit right there. So, the game is fun. The people are...indescribable. I'm addicted to the people in the game, less the game. If I played it solo, I would have quit three months ago. I love LOVE the people. Some more than others.

If I start writing here, it's going to be a lot about WoW, simply because it's interesting, to me.

Real life? Same way. Turbulence, a little. Mostly smooth sailing. Alden is the hardest nut to crack right now. He's having a rough time of things, in school. He's "so bright, but he lacks the focus to get his work done" Hello! Where have we heard that before? He aces all his work, when he sits down to do it. Getting him to sit down to do it, however, is its own set of challenges. He's very VERY keyed in to learning, he knows. He just, suprisingly, knows. His teacher says he spends class time playing, screwing with other students, flapping around, fidgeting, drawing, talking...but as soon as she calls on him, bang, he knows the answer. Unfortunately, the OTHER kids, that he's hassling, talking to, flapping in front of...they don't have it so easy. He's a mega distraction. Hell, I know. She doesn't have to tell me that...I LIVE it. He's also very insanely impulsive. Bad. He should be outgrowing that, but he's getting worse. We keep him on a tight schecule, close at home supervision, trying to shape him, at home, into how he should be at school. Focused, competant, quiet, polite. Hah. Hehehe. Yeah, it's a job, in itself.

Harriet's still around, though I see her infrequently. She's been busy working full time lately, so that cuts down on after-school-girly-gossip time. I sorta...miss her. There's a part in my life that's kinda lacking when she's not around. Someone to trade recipes with, talk about "the kids", "the husbands", "the boyfriends", and general gossip about stuff. Just some semi-superficial primal needs, going unmet, when I don't hang out with her. I even miss..dun dun DUN...her drama. Drama when it's someone elses...it's interesting. (Why else do people read blogs? Exactly.)

I get the urge to write. A lot of times, when I shower, or when I drive, the thoughts flow, like they used to. I think "I should bust that blog open, and document this." Heh, yeah. I should, but I don't. Well, today I am, isn't that cool? I'll try to more. Spring is here, and my mind is out of hibernation. I think it has to do with that. The world is awake, now, and my writing centers are, too.

I'll be back. Soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! An update! And to think I was within a week of removing the link here because you either moved on or got hit by a truck. :D

Anyway, glad to see you back, and even happier that things are going well, especially with your house!

Cheers!

Lili said...

Oh, nice. Just when I think no one's here to read it...YOU show up. Nice to hear from you again :) Maybe, just maybe now that I'm writing again, maybe I'll start reading again.