5.11.2005

High Adventure

I love hearing from my dad, it makes my whole week. I love, even more, when we're both bubbling over with news, and the conversation flows forever. Sometimes, you know, there's not a whole lot going on, so it's like "how are you?" "good. not much going on here, though." "how are YOU guys?" "decent, quiet, same as usual"

This morning, he called, at 7 a.m. and we *just* got off the phone a few minutes ago. I LOVE sharing great news with them, like the fact that we're going to visit them in December, lots of good stuff going on with the business, Irv's new tattoos, mine, just random little news. They're pretty much the same way, Chris is graduating, Dad's coming here in June, etc etc. Good stuff.

I can't believe Chris is graduating...goddamn I feel old. Hell. I AM old. I'm gonna be 27, Friday. But, my god, I still see Chris as the annoying 6 year old, that he was, when I lived there. College, in the fall. Soon, he'll be moving to the states, and coming to stay with either us, or his relatives down in GA. to go to a tech school.


Yesterday was a Day of Perpetual Motion. Just, out and running from the morning. This whole past week has been, come to think of it. We topped the night off, by going to Mush's shop, and getting Irv some ink. He got my name, and Alden's name, tattooed inside his wrists, with some cool looking vines, all twined up in our names, I'm on his right wrist, Alden is on his left. The print is this sweet looking Celtic style. It's very elegant, but not girly... He also got the signatures around his Anthrax tattoo, from the band, completeing the piece. (he had the old Anthrax logo, the Not! guy. We got their autographs, when we met them, so he wanted them placed around the tat.) He's happy, he never gets a chance to visit Mush's place.

We brought Alden to the place, and he got invited in the room, to watch Mike do a piercing. That was so cool, he explained every step, like Alden was apprenticing. When that was done, Alden came in the room with us, and watched the tattooing procedure. I explained what a privilage it is, for a kid to be in a place like that, and treated with such equality. I mean, what kid gets to witness a piercing? A fun time was had by all. I'll be going in sometime this or next week, to have my greenman worked on. Small doses, for that one...small doses.

Today is looking like it's gonna go in the same vein. I have a few errands to run, after I drop Alden off, but then I have to come right home and wait for my spiders *wiggle with excitement* they're coming in today! The house has to be cleaned, Mush and Kenn are coming over tonight, to discuss the rental agreement. I'm so excited about that, I feel like they're gonna be excellent tenants, they're as worried about the whole "business between friends" thing as I am. Contracts will be drawn up, asses will be covered, they make great money (more than us, probably) So, I think this will be a good thing. Plus, there's the added bonus of having one of my best friends living right next door.

The only yucky thing about that, is I have to file for a pension loan, file for permits, again, get an electrician, and contact my heating guy. Starting the GC business up again is going to be a miniature nightmare for me, considering the time I had with it over the past few years. It's just a hard horse to get back on, even if it is for all the best possible reasons. But, now I have a super motivation. It'll be nice to have that as income, too, once all the dust settles.

See? Life is good. All my entries are boring, and bubbly. I should go stub my toe, or something.

No comments: