7.27.2004

Progress

Joe's crew is back working next door.  For the first time since we had them removed from the property, by the cops. So, progress is happening, again, and that's good.  What pisses me off about it, though, is that they were supposed to come last week.  The mister was supposed to take a day off, and babysit them in the house, so they didn't steal any more stuff or fuck more shit up.  Because that's what they do. 

I only allowed them to come back and finish the job, with the stipulation that he would oversee the work.  I can't, because I would like nothing more than to pop my thumbs through Joe's eyes.  Joe mostly feels the same way about me, and I'm afraid the two of us on the same job would get violent.

So, I backed down, I relented about letting them finish the job, and now my only point of compromise has been ignored.  People wonder why I stopped fucking caring about the house, all together.  I walked off the job, and is it any wonder why?  No one took me serious.  No one honors their word.  No one does things the way I specify.  From missing inspection dates, to not returning phone calls, to blatantly disregarding blueprints, to, well, attempting to kick my ass physically, I simply can't take it anymore. 

People who I thought were doing well have dropped the ball.  I've been trying to get a hold of the plumber (a former close friend of mine, yes, former, the unreliable fuck) for two months.  For every 15 or so times I call him, I get one return call, and a promise that he's gonna be there on a certain day.  That day comes and goes, I call 15 more times, he makes lame excuses, sets a new day, wash rinse repeat.  He has roughly 3 hours of work left to do.  The mister has done everything he knows how to do, so far, there's just a few more little things for the plumber to do, with his special plumber tools.  Hell, I bet if we had the tools, we could do that shit.

This project has shown me the nasty underbelly of humanity.  Sounds dramatic, I know.  Lying, theiving, drug addicted, unreliable, disrespectful, alcoholic, misogynist assholes, the lot of them.  At this advanced stage, even the 'good' ones, have made my shit list.

 

No comments: