7.30.2004

Phobia

Since we're on the house, I think it's time for me to address this phobia that I've developed. It's packing.

In November, I packed up a ton of crap (since we were supposed to be moving in around last Christmas). All my books, save for the three that I was reading, all the living room knicknacks, a lot of nonessential kitchen gear, like extra pots, pans, serving dishes, etc, winter clothes, summer clothes, clothes that have gotten to be too big for us, a bunch of Alden's toys... Just, a ton of random crap, right? Thinking we were only going to be without these things for a month, tops.

It's almost August. 8 months have gone by, that I've been without that stuff. No biggie, nonessential, right? Well, it's that time again, I'm afraid. I know, deep in my heart that I should start packing again, so we can just hustle over there. We could be living there in three weeks. It could also take another 5 months. We're relying on unreliable people, we have a lot of inspections to go through still, and shoot, I might wind up strangling the plumber, and we all know what a pain in the ass it is, to find a new guy, mid job.

I know I should pack, and be optimistic. I'm not going to, though. Not till I have the Code of Occupancy in my hand (or at least processing). Optimism has gotten me nowhere.

No comments: