3.25.2004

So, I'm next door putting up insulation (YEY they finally delivered!) and jamming along to a Pennywise CD. Now, Pennywise is one of my all time favorite punk bands, I just adore the energy and message, and it gets me movin every time. I used to HAAAATE Pennywise. My friend Jill would play their first album tirelessly (her favorite, and now mine) and I would piss and moan. Something about it got under my skin. Rubbed me the wrong way.

Somehow, I stopped to listen to it, and fell in love with it. Here, 11 years later, I'm still kickin it, with Pennywise. Amazing what springs from that which you hate. A metaphor for life, if I ever ran across one.


"Things you've contemplated, the unknown road is one"

The world really opens up, when you stop to interact with what you thought you hated.

No comments: