11.02.2004

WoW...just wow.

Today, I feel that I have reached the epitome of sad geekyness. Last night, I signed up for Fileplanet, so that I may get into the Stress Test/Open Beta, for World of Warcraft, a week early.

It was supposed to be easy. Subscribe. Apply for Beta. Get accepted. Get my key. Download and play. I was planning on downloading it last night, to wake up to a brandee spankin new game <3 But nooooooo. After taking my money, like thieves in the night, they said "k, there's a lot of other people doing this, you'll have to wait in line, we're releasing the keys in groups" I'm still waiting. 12+ hours. Of course I am, because I WOULDN'T BE HERE RIGHT NOW IF I WASN'T. I'd be sneaking like a good little rogue should.

So, the geeky sadness comes in, that this has pretty much affected my whole day. I have to finish painting the porch, see. I have this WHOLE house to clean...my dad is going to be here on SUNDAY. Yes, it looks like a bomb hit the house. A stinky bomb. Instead, I'm camping my beta center page, and my inbox, and allowing myself to get worked into a frenzy about things.

When it comes in, I am going to be officially Done For The Day, and I bet it'll cause a fight with Mister Motivated.

Maybe the smart thing to do would be to go do some painting now...oooh, and get my mind off it. When it comes in, it comes in. Time to go be zen.

[Listening to: It Had To Be You - Frank Sinatra - (3:55)]

3 comments:

Ally said...

I'd be picking berries like a good mage. :-(

Instead, I'm here, trying oh so hard not to be geeky and failing. :-(

Adam said...

After thinking about it, I decided against spending money for the right to play for one week in a beta designed specifically to stress the servers.

I'm pathetic, but by deciding to pass for one more week and I can try to pretend I'm not THAT pathetic. :D

However I did get get Stress Beta Key from the LAST stress test that I didn't get into. I don't know if the key is any good anymore but it never got used and you are free to try it if you want. Send me an e-mail at my office and I'll ship it back if you want to try (abennett@fmrealty.com)

Lili said...

Email sent!

Generally I'm not ashamed of my geekiness, I mean everyone's got *something* but today is just a little geekier than usual, I suppose.