11.18.2008

WoW post: Happy Place

It's amusing to me, reading through my past posts about WoW, how this blog documents my infatuation/love/hate/apathy towards World of Warcraft. Maybe I'm thinking about it now since I'm waiting for the servers to get back running. I looked over some of my posts from beta, where I was like "THIS IS THE BEST THING EVER INVENTED EVER" and then from 2 years later, where I was filled with ennui, ready to quit, playing other things. I think, now, after playing solidly for 4 years, I can say it's a healthy mix of both.

Out of Hand has been through so much, since its inception. We had huge numbers, swelling to 200 members, with 20-25 people on at once, swinging back down to 3 active members, up again, down. We had various recruitment sweeps, where 20 people would join in a week, and massive exoduses, where 20 people would leave in a day.

It's been a wild ride, let me just say. Not that it's over, heh, but I think the guild has finally hit my happy place, which is where I envisioned it from it's inception. A casual group of loyal buddies, who have no expectations of each other, except companionship, conversation, and company. It's so small, the guild is very small now, with 6 active players, give or take, and it's perfect. No more managing revolutions, or being the glue that holds two or three warring cliques together. No more scheduling, or trying to appease the masses, because there are no more masses. Ahhhhh.

I log on every day, now, and I love it! No headaches, just me, my real sincere friends, and this game that knitted us together, and the whole thing for us to enjoy, without drama, or bullshit.

Now, if only the servers would come back, so I can get in an hour of prime playing.

No comments: