9.18.2005

Mid-September

It’s one of those ultrapleasant weekends.  I love weekends like this.  Yesterday, I was able to sleep as late as  I wanted, I then dragged my carcass downstarirs, drank a bottle of seltzer and a HUGE thing of iced coffee, and spent the rest of the day and half the night playing WoW, PvPing with my favorite game buddies.  We broke, for dinner, went out got some great food, and came home, and got right back in game, and in Teamspeak.  OOH Mopped up. We cleaned house.  We actually won a few rounds.  In a setting where the Horde is way more organized and dedicated, winning not one, but three spins through Arathi Basin, is a huge feat.

While I was being a gamer bum, inside, sitting around in boxers and a tee shirt, Irv and Alden landscaped this really barren section of the yard.  Last week, they pulled out like, 9 trees (the ones going down the driveway, for those of you that know the house) and…it was pretty desolate.  Yesterday, Irv and Alden went on a shopping spree, and bought a couple dozen trees and flowers and stuff, from Home Depot, and have been doing, like Monster Yard, ever since.  The whole strip is all fresh black mulch dotted with those winter-cabbagey looking plants, and mums.  There’s a spot near the house that curves and tapers into a long point, that he finished with white goose-egg stone. Very classy.  He’s an arteest.  

Today, I get up to Irv saying “get up in 5 minutes for breakfast!”  I rolled outta bed around 9, mumbling and grumbling.  I mean, I *was* up till 3 kicking ass…  At the table is a yummy breakfast, and a cup of coffee, all laid out, just for me. I’m so lucky.  Irv and Alden then run out to some building supply place, and come home with 2 yards each of red chip stone, and blue river pebbles…I watch them unload it, wondering what they have up their sleeve…  Then I go inside and read.  I’ve been reading Vonnegut’s Breakfast of Champions.  One of the most quoteable books I’ve ever read, by the way.  I can hear them landscaping…I know it’s gonna be good.  

I just came back in from outside, and Alden’s out there, watering the new flower bed.  It’s this curved area between the front door and the back door, that we had no idea what to do with.  Well, now it’s dotted with small evergreens and holly bushes of varying species.  Alden’s out there watering them calling them his “babies”  He’e even named the bushes…  “that one’s Spiky, and this low one is Green, and here’s Pricklepine, and Bushy, and Poofy”  He named them, and adopted them.  He vows to come out here and water them every day.  Irv really did something cool with the stone, it’s mostly red, but the ends are curved off, and finished with a the grayish-blue, it looks like waves of grey stone lapping over the red, and the back corner was rounded.  The red wends a path, enhanced by the grey.  It’s all very dramatic looking.

Oh, and I’m only spending so much time inside because I have a nasty sinus infection.  It started as my usual September allergies, but…blegh, with all this Guam-like 85 degree 100% humidity we’re having, it quickly turned into a sinus infection.  So, I’ve been laying low.  Pollen murders me.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yew need a link to the OOH site on here. I done lost it.

Lili said...

Done and Done. I've been meaning to, anyway.