8.31.2005

Wardrobes.

So, we're going to Jamaica, December 5. I'm excited, nervous, excited...

Check this place out!

Swanky, no? We went for the Honeymoon Grande Luxe Beachfront Concierge Room, too. Sounds really out there, I know, but what it translates to is a bottom of the top of the line rooms. The nicest room they have, right on the beach over looking the water, but not a suite. We're simple folk. We don't NEED more than 1 room, for 5 days, and we thought the butler was a bit over the top.

So, wardrobes, this brings me to my biggest dilemma, with this vacation. What the FUCK will I wear? They specify "Resort Casual" then further define it thusly:

Resort Casual
Dress shorts or jeans are permitted. Swim wear must be dry and covered. No bare feet.

Resort Evening
Dress pants for gentlemen. Shirts with sleeves and collar. Dress shoes.

On most nights you will need to dress casually elegant or elegant. This all depends on the restaurants you wish to dine in. Many couples change into more comfortable clothing after dinner. None of our restaurants require a jacket to be worn.


I guess I can handle that. I'm gonna have to buy some new clothes, though. I'm sitting here in a pair of tight black jeans, and a Slayer shirt, and I just don't think it's gonna fly, down there. Maybe capris, I have a few of them, maybe I could go find a nice sundress or two. Meh. Irv's lucky, though, we bought him a few pairs of khaki shorts, and he has a polo shirt, or two, and his Hawaiian shirt.

Then there's the dread of being in public, in a bathing suit. *cringe* The up-side is, I'll likely never see any of those people again.

But, all this talk of clothes had me thinking about it. I mean...we have our everyday wardrobe, work clothes, stuff we go out in, THEN, "resort casual" then...we have camping clothes (really warm stuff, that we don't mind letting get dirty, and is comfortable enough to layer and sleep in, lives in our camping box). It's like, we have to have a seperate wardrobe for every aspect of our lives. Lame. I want this teeshirt, and these jeans to carry me almost anywhere.

No comments: